International students

Advice and help for international students.

The Student Immigration Service provides essential and helpful information on visas for any international student studying at the University, especially if you are bringing members of your family along.

Student Immigration Service

You can find welfare advice on the International Applicants website and on the New Students website.


Help with any questions or problems you have about studying at Edinburgh on a visa, including:

  • applying for a Student visa

  • Student visa application check 

  • CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)

  • BRP (Biometric Residence Permit)

  • ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) certificate

  • Student route visa application refusals

One-to-one appointments

The Student immigration Service offers one-to-one appointments for personalised immigration advice, either on MS Teams or in person. You must contact them by using the enquiry form before you can get an appointment with an adviser. 

Send an enquiry